JAMMIN' JERK PRAWN TACOS
STEP 1: Cole Slaw
- 400gm classic coleslaw mix
- 1 small red onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe mango; peel & pit removed - chopped
- 70gm chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 mils olive oil
- 15 mils honey
- 60 mls lime juice
- Pour coleslaw mix in a bowl with red onion, chopped mango, and cilantro and mix to combine
- Drizzle olive oil, honey, and lime juice on top and stir to combine.
- Set aside
STEP 2: Jammin Jerk Prawns
- 1kg green king prawns - peeled and deveined
- 80gms – MILD Jammin Jerk Marinade
- flaky sea salt, and fresh lime wedges for garnish
As a tantalizing appetizer, gorgeous salad topper, or as a main star, this Jerk Prawn from the grill is one memorable course to any meal.
Place prawns in a wide shallow bowl. Rub marinade over prawns and gently coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Heat a charcoal (using hard wood lump or regular charcoal) or gas grill to medium-high heat (about 475°). If using a charcoal grill, let charcoal get completely hot and white, and then level it out into an even layer. Grill prawns 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until prawns are no longer opaque and has a bit of char.
STEP 3: Tortillas
- 8-12 tortillas
- Take these out of the pack and lay out on the serving platter
STEP 4: Combine
Spoon coleslaw onto Tortilla
Remove the jerk prawns from flame and straight onto cole slaw. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the top.